Book 1: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
A cozy baking themed murder mystery that reads like a hallmark movie and is set in the Midwest? Say less I was already intrigued. My sister heard about this on one of her favorite Witchy podcasts (idk which one you'll have to ask her). And again, premise alone I was 100% in!
I loved this book! It is a crozy read great for a crisp autumn evening (though my August was decidedly less than crisp). The crime element is mild and nongraphic. The characters are cute and charming in their own unique and quirky ways. The mystery was just the right level where you solved the puzzle, just sentences ahead of Hannah, the main character, figuring it out.
I also thought it was cute that the book includes cookie recepies as they are referenced in the story. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I think I will. I just need to decide which one! And expect to see more from this series I already have some picked out for October and at Christmas!
Book 2: Twilight
Can you believe that after all this time, I finally read Twilight?!?! Me neither, honestly. I know, I know what I said when I read "Why we Love and Hate Twilight" but I consume wayyyy to much Twilight related content so I need the experience first hand! And honestly.... Twilight is fine. It's genuinely not that good, but also, it's not like the worst book I've ever read by any means. It's just very mid. Like nothing really happens to push me into either the "loving this this will be my entire personality" or "speak of this book and you will be consumed by my rage" camp. It was just.... fine.
I do recognize I am not the target market (since I am neither lovesick or 13) and that I don't get to bank on the nostalgic factor (since I'd never read this book before).
Honesly its a shame in some ways because, Stephanie Meyer came up with a very interesting world and fascinating characters only to decide to focus on the most boring and basic teenage female and the most neurotic and exhausting vampire.
I really started to enjoy the book during the tracking/hunting bit like it was starting to be interesting and about more than just feelings. But alas so incredibly short-lived.
Would I recommend this book to anyone? Nope. Will I read the remainder of the series... *spoiler I will not*, but idk maybe I'll get bored. But I read it so there's that.
Look forward to next month the reading amount will be much more my typical amount and who knows I might even post at an appropriate time ;) also as usual go check out my sister scathing review of Twilight on her blog here.
No comments:
Post a Comment